On this page: This page outlines what you can expect after a police interview
What happens after a police interview
Lot of things can happen after a police interview. It depends on the circumstances.
– You might be released without charge
– You might be released from police custody but you might be charged later
– You are released from custody with a notice to appear, and this means you will have to go to court
– You are charged but released on bail
– You are charged but a bail justice releases you on bail
– The police might also charge you and keep you in custody until you go to court and see a magistrate to release you on bail
If you are charged on a weekend you might need to wait until Monday to go to court unless you participate in the Melbourne magistrate court weekend program.
If you would like more information on what to expect after a poloce interview, please contact VALS on 1800 064 865