On this page: This page outlines what diversion is and what happens if you are eligible for diversion.
Diversion is a potential way to address your matter out of the court and to potentially avoid a criminal record.
If the magistrate agrees to put you on a diversion plan you need to follow certain requirements.
These requirements may include;
- Having to write a letter of apology to a victim
- Access counselling services
- Do a course of education or study program (drug education, defensive driving
- Donate to a particular cause/charity
- Do community work
- Diversion plans usually run for a year