If relocation is going to affect the time the children spend with the other parent, and you have shared parental responsibility, you must try and reach agreement. If no agreement can be reached, you must go back to Court and ask for the orders to be changed. You will need to convince the Court that relocation is in the best interests of the children.

Do not relocate before reaching an agreement or having the orders varied. The other parent can ask the Court for an order restraining you from leavinf, or an order that you return. If you are fleeing family violence, speak to a lawyer as soon as you and the children are safe.

If there are no Court orders in place, speak to lawyer about what to do.