On this page: This page outlines what you are able to do if you do not agree on parenting arrangements.

If you Cannot Agree on Parenting Arrangements

You must attempt to mediate using a family dispute resolution service such as Relationships Australia. You do not need to mediate if you have been subject family violence, you are alleging child abuse, or your matter is urgent.

Mediation is quick, cost effective and less stressful than going to Court. Discussions during mediation are confidential unless a risk of serious harm is disclosed.

If no agreement is reached at mediation, you will be issued with a S60I certificate, which you will need as proof of attempted mediation if you proceed to make an application to the Court.

Parenting order applications are complex and you should speak to a lawyer about going to Court.