On this page: This page outlines what you can do if you need to make a complaint about discrimination.

Making a complaint about discrimination

If you have been discriminated against and you have exhusted all internal avenues, there are external avenues that you can forward your complaint to. You can make a complaint to;



  • The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission 



  •  Australian Human Rights Commission




  •  VCAT




  • Fair Work Commission 



It is a good idea to speak with a lawyer at VALS to get some advice before you make a complaint, they can point you in the right direction. If you have decided to go ahead with making a complaint, this will need to be done in writing. 


If you would like to contact a VALS lawyer, call 1800 064 86