Find answers to frequently asked questions in youth law here.

If you have a phone debt you can apply for hardship. You need to contact your provider and ask about their hardship options.  

If you are still having trouble you can contact the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) ( 1800 062 058).

Find more information here.

If you have debts the law protects you from illegal behaviour from your creditors and debt collectors.

You have the right top:

  • Not to be discriminated against;
  • Have your privacy protected;
  • Get help from VALS or a Financial Counsellor;
  • Question the debt.
Learn more here.

This is a challenging situation, and there have been a lot of changes to tenancy law since 29 March 2021.   

To learn about them. Read about these changes here: 

The VALS Civil and Human Rights practice acts for tenants facing eviction and those with problems around the condition of their property. If you need advice, help or representation, call us on 9418 5900.